Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Resolution Prayer

Dear Lord,

Help me to see myself as you see me this year. I don't want to get caught up in what looks beautiful to the world because I know that to you I am beautiful. Help me to remember that just as you created the stars, oceans and mountains, so you created me. I want to take care of this body that you gave me, Lord, simply because it is a gift from you that deserves to bring you honor and praise. I'm not perfect. I never will be. But I will try my best to put good food in my body, exercise it and not be lazy, and take time for my teeth, hair and eyes. I don't want this to be about losing weight or looking good, Lord. I want this to be about honoring the gift you have given me and treating it with respect. If I attempt to please the world by its standards, I know that I will surely fail this year. But if I keep my focus on you, I know you will give me the strength to do it. There is certainly desire in my heart to be healthy, thin and eating perfectly all the time, but I pray that you will teach me to care less about how I look and more about how my circumstances will glorify you in this effort. This year my resolution is to honor you with my body, mind and soul. Show me the way to do it, and give me the motivation and desire to do it. You deserve it, Lord, and I am willing.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment